Search This Blog

Skin after 25 Years

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 |

Today I was looking at HK artist Erica Yuen's video at youtube. In this video, she introduced a product called Squalene. The Squalene product seems very seducing, however that is not the main point. She mentioned what happen to our skin after we approach 25 years old.

You might not know, I just passed my 26th birthday. I am over 25!

According to Erica, before 25 y.o., we do not need to take care of our skin a lot. However, after 25 y.o., skin will start to discharge a lot of oil that you cant control. That is so me, I thought. Cos nowaddays, my face is so oily, especially at the sides my nose. Before that, it is not like this! Could it be because I took the bitter gourd drink ?

After 25 y.o., our face will start to age in a rapid way. And our face will not be able to hold the moisture as good as before.

Another important point is, all the time, we have been looking for products which can heal our skin, make our skin look good. But have we ever think, our outer skin is actually damaged? Will our skin be able to absorb the things that we apply on it?

And I start to think, the chemicals that we put on our face, is it really good for our skin? Even though some skin products give miracle results. Are these results temporary? Do them just suppress all our skin problem, and push it down beneath our skin?

This is something I thought of today.

3 comments:

eric10234 said...

Go natural!

I believe that makeup and all other sorts of chemical isn't all that necessary. Everyone is beautiful in their own way and that little to no makeup is all that is needed almost all of the time.

But the world is more worried about skin beauty and not inner beauty. So chemicals will always be selling. But it isn't necessary to look beautiful, it is more important to feel beautiful and when you feel beautiful, you will usually look beautiful.

alexis said...

haha, i thought guys look at girls at their appearance first?

eric10234 said...

Well, yes. But appearance don't have to be extremely beautiful geh... Normal and natural is also beautiful ma. Hehe.