Search This Blog

Review - Ecco Cafe at Chulia Street, Penang

Sunday, May 17, 2009 |

OMG. I am so f***ed. It is 4:15am in the morning and I am still alert as hell. I couldnt sleep! I have hiking later at 7am in the morning, I will be so dead after that, help! help!

So, today my friend, Zheng Ghee came from Johor to visit us for the weekends. Zheng Ghee is my course mate during my university days, our gang is having a reunion this weekends.

We watched Angels and Demons in the evening, The movie was not bad. Kind of interesting and thrilling too.

Then we went to Georgetown for dinner. My friend Kevin introduced us this authentic italian restaurant, Ecco Cafe. The owner of the restaurant is a foreign lady, she is an Italiano I guess. She is also the waitress of the cafe, a very friendly person.

First, we have Herb Butter Bread. It tasted okay. RM4
Another bread, this is Garlic Butter Bread, my friend Hooi Hooi said that the garlic is not cooked enough., RM4
Eleanor Pizza. Slightly spicy, the black things are olives. Tasted not bad, but portion was rather small. RM16
Chicken Hot Pie. The highlight of the dinner. Under the pie, there was gravy with chicken and potatoes. The gravy tasted very nice, and it was piping hot. RM16
Pasta. Not quite remember the name of the pasta. It looked like pan mee. The sauce is a garlic cream sauce, slightly runnier than carbonara. The pasta tasted not bad as well.
Finally, our dessert - Coffee Cream Caramel. I am suspecting that this is the culprit that make me sleepless tonight! Oh, I am so regretted having this, though it tasted very nice. On top of it, there is toasted caramel.

Overall, thus restautant is quite good. Good food with not too expensive price.

2 comments:

eric10234 said...

Ah... Starting to food blog too huh. =P

I have read good reviews about this place too but I haven't tried it yet. I will give it a try sometime.

Good review with nice pictures. But sorry to hear you can't sleep after the coffee.

alexis said...

yeah, stealing ur rice bowl :)

It is very suffering, when you cant sleep.