Search This Blog

Review - Pot of Gold Skin Balm

Tuesday, December 29, 2009 |

It has been a while since last beauty product review. I will be doing less review now because I am trying to save up for other things, e.g. clothes and trips. I have also found a new hobby, which is sewing! Might show some sewing projects in the future.

My blog has been extremely quiet lately. This makes me have no mood and no motivation on blogging. And my nuffnang is business is not doing well. I have only earned RM1.94 for this year, wuwu..And out of the RM1.94, I clicked RM1.25, so it really sucks. So, I would like ask, what kind of stuffs do you like to read? I do not expect people to comment, please help me to fill in the poll the below.. please.. You can choose maximum two answers.


 
Okay, back to the product review. This is the product that I have been wanting for a long time. I always think it has similiarities with the famous Egyptian Magic Cream, they are both very oily and have been receiving overwhelming response in the web.

So, I bought this balm for RM69 from Nature In A Box website. I was quite surprise to see the size of the tub, because it appeared larger in the website. It has a very simple package, no fancy shape and does not come with a box.



What it is special about this product is, it is organic. Many reviews say that it can treat eczema. But that is not the reason I longed to try this, because it says "acne" there. So, I bought this hoping it can help on my acne problem. You can see that the ingredients are very basic.


Direction of usage: apply a thin layer directly to problems area.


This balm is fragrance-less, almost scentless. I have seen in forum, people saying this balm has a very thick texture, something like vaseline. So, I thought it is like an oily cream. But, I was wrong! Its texture is a lot heavier than vaseline. When I try to apply it on my face, it is very hard to spread the balm on skin, it felt very harsh on my face. Then, I figured out a way to apply it, which is rub the balm with only fingers first, the balm will soften and melt after being rubbed, then I dab it on my fingers on my face. I also apply it on my neck too.

Comparing to vaseline (right). Pot of Gold Skin Balm is on the left with darker colour.


The balm is too oily and it is impossible to wear it on day time. When wearing it to sleep, I need to pin my fringe up, so that my hair dont stick to my face. I guess you can imagine how sticky the balm is now.

the texture of the balm. Sticky.


I have been using this for about 2 months now. At first, I used it with another product (Actizen Purifying Essense), I found that there are some tiny pimples popped out. So, I think they did not match. Then, I tried to use it alone, and it didnt cause me breakout. What I can say about this product is, it did help me to mosturise my skin and lighten my scars. For my pimples problem it did not help much. However, I do feel that it helped to soften my blackheads and made them easier to be extracted out. Besides that,  I think it is too rich on my forehead, so I do not recommend this to oily skin. Another thing is, the balm needs time to be absorbed, I wake up with very oily face if I sleep less than 5 hours with this balm. The longer I sleep, the balm seems well absorbed into my skin, and I wake up with supple skin :)

So far, I find this balm quite good and I will continue using it especially on cold nights. I do not have much choice now because of my pimple problem I need to stop using whitening stuffs.

15 comments:

Foxy Frangipani said...

Hello there,
looking forward to reading more posts from you :)

where did you learn sewing? is there a place in Penang offering classes?

alexis said...

hi foxy, thanks for the motivation! Hehe..

I learn sewing myself, looking at blogs and websites. I sew all by hands.. something to kill the time instead of going shopping :))

Foxy Frangipani said...

Whoa... very talented yo! :)
I wish I could sew but my hands are clumsy hehehe.

Guess what, I'm friends with the Yellow Man now! (Digi) :D

And Eu Yan Sang is having a promo now.. Honey buy 2 at (oh boy i forgot dee the price.. RM58??)

alexis said...

hehe..no la..simply do one!

Ya, I know from ur twit, hehe..how is it? kinda slow also right?

Oh really? Eu Yan Sang having honey sales again? I am thinking of buying the Manuka honey. Will check out EYS soon, thanks for informing!

Macy said...

I use Actizen Purifying Essence too! My skin was highly sensitive and had a lot of breakouts and this really controlled it! You shouldn't mix it though or your skincare though! ;)

Anonymous said...

I used POG before too, but i only put a very thin layer, and the next morning my skin is not oily at all. i think u put too much until your fringe sticked on your face?!

alexis said...

hi AnneMarie, thanks for visiting :D

Hi Macy, for Actizen is so-so only, maybe it is because i didnt extract out my pimples very often. My forehead is still full of pimples and I hate it :(

Hi Anonymous, I also put a thin layer. But this balm is really sticky, haha.... I will usually pin my hair up when applying POG Skin Balm. What are you using now? Why have you stopped using POG?

Anonymous said...

i use Botani now, so POG just use on body instead of face.

寶貝別哭 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
淑華 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Macy said...

Alexis, you should try the Actizen range. I had really bad acne and scars but it is cleared now thanks to Actizen. I have not used any of the products on a standalone basis though and I doubt that it works well this way. The customer service people are really nice. They put together a range for me to use and gave me a couple of samples during my last purchase. Try not to mix your skincare products too ;)

Macy said...

Why did you stop blogging? Miss your reviews :)

alexis said...

Hi Macy, sorry for late reply...been super super busy lately...busy with work *stressed*, i didnt have time to even clean my room, haha...not to say do product review. I have been treating myself very badly, will do reviews when I have settled down my things... Thanks for ur support *sob*sob*

sewamobiljogja said...

infonya sewa mobil yogyakarta
menarik makasih sewa bus jogja
sewa buswisata yogyakarta