Search This Blog

Review - Sabai-arom Kaffir Lime & Thai Grapefruit Shampoo

Friday, October 16, 2009 |



As requested by foxy, I am now doing the review for the shampoo that my sister bought from her bangkok trip. This is a brand called Sabai-arom, which is quite well-known in Thailand, their products can be found in the famous Boots store.

When I first saw the package, I saw the lime picture on the label. I thought this shampoo must be very drying, as lime is acidic. But, after using it, the shampoo is not as drying as I thought. I think this is because of the Grapefruit oil it uses. I love this shampoo! I like everything that is in citrus-flavour. The Kaffir Lime ( or limau kasturi in Malay) has a refreshing effect that I like a lot. It reminds me that during the Chinese New Year, my mum will buy Kaffir Limes and chuck them into the bath tub. It symbolises a new beginning or something like that in Chinese tradition.

The aroma therapy benefits of the shampoo.


You would thought that it would smell something like the dishwasher, but it doesnt, haha! It is a mixture of grapefruit and lime, a very refreshing smell. As you shampoo, the bubbles on your hair will diminish and then the hair is kinda like tangled-up, but once you rinse it, the hair becomes smooth again. I like this shampoo because it is not drying and the scent is great!

The colour of the shampoo doesnt look very nice.


According to my sister, the shampoo costs her about RM30 something for 200ml. For me, I think it is slightly expensive, but I guess it is reasonable because the ingredients are 95% natural as written on the package. And for the de-stress factor, I think it is still a very good shampoo.


7 comments:

Kennee said...

Well... natural shampoos are expensive... Coz of the natural ingredients and usually they don't look good... but that's because they are no much chemical in it... ^^

alexis said...

Hey, Kennee, thanks for visiting..The shampoo smells very nice, worth the money! haha!

Jeesie said...

wei,u noe wat....is not RM30...is around 220 bath only la and small bottle...

alexis said...

220 baht is almost like RM30 right?? Hehe..

iriene said...

220 baht , I think just estimate by divide it with 10. Around RM20-RM22. I can smell the Kaffir Lime already
Do drop by when u r online, cheers :)

Jemsen said...

Natural syampoo is better. Go Natural! Do visit my blog, thanks :P

alexis said...

wow, hi iriene and jemsen, thanks for visiting.. I am kind of into organic stuffs lately.