Search This Blog

My friend's wedding (Part 2)

Sunday, June 21, 2009 |

Saturday, 6/6/09 - Bride-fetching Ceremony ( 接新娘, wedding procession)

It was 7:30am, we already gathered at BHP Petrol Station @ Kesas Highway. Cos we are going to fetch the bride!

All the Heng Dai  (兄弟, brothers)are ready in blue. Light blue, violet blue, very green blue, light green blue, blue blue, we have all the blues..

Funny thing is, why the heng dai are mostly female =)

The bride car (新娘车) is  off to Klang to pick up the bride!

Yummy roasted pork awaiting us at the bride's house.

Here comes the groom.

The bride-fetching ceremony is actually a cruel + torturing ceremony. The groom (together with the heng dai) needed to undergo series of tests/games in order to see the bride. 

Test 1: Makeup 

Scary hor ?


Test 2: " I love you" undies

My friend, Ah Yet was too big, he broke the disposable underwear! haha!

Test 3: Push-ups and nasty drinks

unknown drinks.


Test 4: Banana & Grapes

What the heck?!

Finally, we arrived in front of the bride's room. Phew! But the Ji Mui (姐妹, sisters) couldnt get enough of the Ang Pows. They refused to open the door.

Luckily, my friend Boon Yoke, from the Heng Dai gang, pretended as Ji Mui, said that we were rushing on time and  asked the Ji Mui to open the door. The door opened. However, the Ji Mui was fast enough to block the door.

Cat fight in front of the bride's room. We were trying to get in the room, but the Ji Mui were too tough...@@ 

My poor friend, Swee Seng who got caught in the middle. They (Ji Mui) was pulling his shirt, to stop him from entering the room. They even tickled him. See. 

After some pulling and dragging. We finally got into the room. I must admit that it wasnt an easy one. Finally, the groom get to meet the bride. Aww...soOOoo sweet ~~

Phew! Our Heng Dai mission finally accomplised!

4 comments:

Ju said...

OMG JJ, u noe shannen n ah yet?? They r my badminton buddies... :D

alexis said...

OMG!! Really? Ah Yet is my school mates (primary + secondary)...It's a small world !!

Ju said...

It is a small world after all..next time u come kl, i asked ah yet to call me along for yum cha..Hehe

alexis said...

Ah Yet has told me about this. And I am OK with it..I might be coming to KL very soon (depends on I get retrenched or not :-) ).