Search This Blog

Review - Botani Olive Skin Serum

Tuesday, June 16, 2009 |


Been using this serum for 3 months now. I think it is time for me to review it.

First of all, this is an organic product. You might think what can an organic product do? I thought that too, we live a world full of chemicals, only chemicals like SKII, Clinique will give result. But, can organic products work?

This serum is actually in oil-form. It contains a very important ingredient called Squalene, which is extracted from olive plant. Squalene is important to us because part of our skin is made of Squalene. As we grow old, our skin will decrease its production of Squalene, which is so-called aging. I am quoting  Erica Yuen for this statement.

This serum suits me as I have dry and dehydrated skin. I have serious acne on my forehead which is due to stree + insomnia + constipation. Also blackhead issue on my nose and both of my cheeks.


To use the serum, you need to release a drop of serum on ur finger (using the pump), then rub the drop with other fingers, once ur fingers have the serum spreaded on them, then dab your fingers on ur face and press gently. Press it on ur cheeks, chin, forehead, eyes, lips and throat. My face needs 3 drops of serum oil to cover the face area and neck area. For 3 drops each time, I would say this serum can last a very long time. HK artist, Erica Yuen even apply the serum on elbows and feet. I purchased this serum online at RM100 including postage. Not a very expensive skincare product, since u can use it for so long.

This is my favourite product so far. It mosturizes my skin. Best thing is, it acts as an eye cream also, so I save the money in buying expensive eye cream. On my pimples problem, I think it helps a bit. It is not that kind of product that gives miracle immediately, but I definitely feel my skin more hydrated than before. My forehead still have a lot of tiny pimples. Blackhead problem is not improving as well, it got worst. I guess I need to do some detox colon cleansing some other times.

5 comments:

NH said...

I never understand differences between lotion, moisturizer and serum…
Someone told me: lotion is cheapest and oiliest, serum is most expensive and extracted form, and moisturizer in somewhere between ... haha, I guess this is not really correct, right?

alexis said...

Actually I also dont know what lotion, mosturizer, serum mean. I know serum (sometimes essence) is the most expensive. Anyway, I just write whatever it is written on the bottle. Most important is, it can work =)

moonlotus said...

May I know where you buy it? RM100 include postage is very cheap.

June said...

Nature in a Box is the distributor for Botani.

alexis said...

hi moonlotus, i got it long time ago from an online seller, i think she is not selling now. They had a price hike sometime last year, it used to be cheap...now no longer.