Search This Blog

I'm a fan of honey. I love drinking honey water. Honey helps me to keep my body moist and to be less "heaty". Besides, I have also heard from a radio ad saying honey contains vitamins that we need for a day.

I was drinking Honey Mart's Honey with Propolis (bought from Eu Yan Sang) and I found it quite good. There were some times that I had bad sore throat and I consumed the honey directly without diluting it, it helped. I bought two bottles for RM90, which make RM45 per bottle for the Propolis Honey.

Right - Euphoria Longana Honey, Left - Honey with Propolis, both 500g

Close-up.

Then, it was economy downturn and my honey was finishing. So, I turned to a cheaper version of the honey - Euphoria Longana Honey. This Longan Honey was selling two for RM45 in Eu Yan Sang, which is half a price of the Propolis Honey, means one for RM22.50. It is called Longana Honey because it tastes like Longan, not because it has any Longan in it.

However, I think I made the wrong choice. I should have sticked to the Propolis Honey. During preparation of honey water, I usually use 1 tablespoon of Propolis Honey to mix with a mug of warm water. But, for the Longan Honey, I need 3 tablespoons to get the taste. The taste for Propolis Honey is strong enough though for only one tablespoon is used. For one tablespoon of Longan Honey, it is tasteless, like drinking plain water. So, I am not saving money here.

Euphoria Longana Honey - lighter in color


Honey with Propolis - Darker color and with some dark brown "residue" at the bottom.

Both honey taste very differently. When drinking Propolis Honey, there is a cooling sensation, it is like drinking the chinese medicated oil (风油), seriously. While for the Longan Honey, it tastes slightly sweet.

Effect wise, I feel Propolis Honey is more efficient in improving my sinus. Besides, Propolis is said to have beauty effect, so going for the Honey with Propolis will be a better choice for me. =)

3 comments:

slim n win said...

this is nice, have u tried royal jelly with honey? check tis out
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150540608620886&set=a.421735895885.194788.184368605885&type=3&theater

Julian

Anonymous said...

You cannot use metal spoon for honey, only plastic spoon

Anonymous said...

yes its true. no metal or aluminium sppon. use plastic or ceramic spoon.